The Heyford Park Residents & Community Development Association has been in existence for over 15 years now. Our main objective is to look after the collective interests of all residents who live at (and groups which operate from) Heyford Park.
Membership is automatic for people and voluntary groups here – there is no need to apply to join the association. You can have as much (or as little) involvement with the association as you wish.
At annual general meetings (normally in February) all are encouraged to attend and each household has one vote on any decisions made, and on election of committee members.
All residents and group representatives are welcome to attend monthly committee meetings and everyone will be given time to have their say on matters which concern them. We also arrange social and fun events from time to time.
The association has a facebook page and you don’t have to be a facebook member to access this. We post information on our activities on this page and also on our notice board in the Community Centre.
Our Committee meets monthly (normally on the last Wednesday of the month) at 7.00 p.m. in the Community Centre. All are welcome to attend Committee Meetings. Agendas for and Minutes of meetings are posted on our facebook page and on the notice boards.
WHAT WE DO AS AN ASSOCIATION
Our main aims are:
• Promoting the common rights and interests of all residents
• Working with landowners, authorities and organisations for the benefit of members
• Representing the collective wellbeing of members and their interest in the preservation and development of the local amenities and environment
• Ensuring the involvement of members in development proposals
• Creating a sense of community spirit, and,
• Creating and promoting an environment in which the members can take pride.
We are non-political, and we are an equal opportunities organisation.