Notification of Road Works – Important
Dear All, the following road works/closures are due to take place on Heyford Park shortly;
We are making changes to the roads around Camp Road, residential areas and the north side of Camp Road which affects the school .
Please note that all of these changes affect vehicles and there will be very few amendments to any pedestrian routes.
• On 31st October 2018 the vehicle entry/ exit at Dow Street at Camp road will be closed. This will be closed for an extended period to allow the reconstruction of Camp Road and the reconstruction of Dow Street .
• On 5th November 2018, Bovis Homes have arranged for the daytime closure ( 09.00 til 16.30 ) of the western end of Gordon Road to provide a safety buffer while the water tower is demolished. Expected duration 2 -3 weeks.
• During these closures the residents will need to use alternative routes via Wellington Road and Dacey Drive
There are also changes to the Camp Road traffic management and the entrance to the airbase and school drop off .
As of 31st October, the existing traffic control scheme will be removed and camp road will be opened up to 2 way traffic for a short period while the next section of works ( Dow street + airbase / school drop off entrance) to be prepared.
We are planning to change over the scheme at mid morning on 5th November and the following changes will be introduced-
• Open up access to airbase and school drop off / coaches via the original access by the Dorchester offices
• Close off access to airbase opposite the old bus layby
• Introduce traffic lights In Camp Road around the Dow Street / airbase junction